Por Fernando Augusto Fernandes, advogado criminalista e pesquisador Texto publicado em 11 de julho de 2022 no Conjur, https://www.conjur.com.br/2022-jul-11/fernando-fernandes-assassinato-odio-petista O assassinato do guarda civil Marcelo Arruda foi um homicídio de ódio constatado pelas imagens dos vídeos. Ocorrido na noite de sábado (9/7), em Foz de Iguaçu (PR), o ato não se contém nas normas do…
Fernando Augusto Fernandes is a criminal lawyer with a prominent role in some of the most influential cases in Brazil involving large police operations that have gained notoriety in the last few years. He is responsible for a series of leading cases within the scope of the Federal Supreme Court and the Superior Court of Appeals, always ensuring the right of defense.
He is comfortable in situations that require quick assessment and decision-making to protect freedom of movement and the assets of individuals and to ensure the smooth operation of the companies involved.
He holds a PhD in Political Science from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro State (Universidade Federal Fluminense – 2011) and a master’s degree in Criminology and Criminal Law from Cândido Mendes University (2003). He also holds an MBA in Economics and Company Law from the Getulio Vargas Foundation in Rio de Janeiro (FGV-RJ) and a degree in Corporate Governance from the Brazilian Institute of Corporate Governance (Instituto Brasileiro de Governança Corporativa – IBGC), where he took a Board Members course.
- He is the author of the legal works “Voz Humana” (Human Voice) (2004) and “Poder e Saber: Campo jurídico e ideologia” (Power and Knowledge: Legal field and ideology) (2012).
- He was also elected in 2015, 2016 and 2019 as one of the most admired criminal lawyers in Brazil by specialized publication Análise Advocacia 500.
He headed the Brazilian Group of the International Criminal Law Association from 2005 to 2009.
- He was an advisor to the Rio de Janeiro Chapter of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB-RJ) from 2006 to 2009, president of its Defense, Assistance and Prerogatives Commission, and has been a member of its Commission for the Defense of the Democratic Rule of Law since 2019.
- He was a member of the National Defense Committee for the Defense of the Brazilian Bar Association from 2014 to 2016.
- He was Assistant Prosecutor for the Prerogatives Office of the Brazilian Bar Association from 2019 to 2020.
- He has also been a member of the Amicus Curiae Commission of the Brazilian Association of Criminal Lawyers (Associação Brasileira de Advogados Criminalistas – Abracrim) since 2018.
- He has been a member of the Advisory Council of the Society of Criminal Lawyers for Rio de Janeiro State and co-coordinator of the Habeas Corpus Commission of the Brazilian Institute of Criminal Sciences (Instituto Brasileiro de Ciências Criminais – IBCCrim) since 2019.
Por Fernando Augusto Fernandes, Guilherme Marchioni e Otávio Bazaglia O artigo foi publicado no Conjur, em 07 de julho de 2022, em https://www.conjur.com.br/2022-jul-07/opiniao-prerrogativa-advocacia-liberacao-bens A Lei 14.365 de junho de 2022 trouxe importante dispositivo contra o sufocamento econômico da defesa, incluindo no Estatuto da Ordem dos Advogados dispositivo determinando a liberação de até 20% bloqueados na…
Um habeas corpus contra a fome no Brasil Por Fernando Augusto Fernandes e Guilherme Marchioni Somos arrebatados pela catastrófica informação de que 33 milhões de brasileiros estão passando fome. São 14 milhões de pessoas a mais do que o quadro de 2020, esse é um grave retrocesso à situação de insegurança alimentar vivida pelo país…